Fortunately, here at New Leaf Recovery, we are currently free from the COVID-19 virus. The safety of our clients and staff is always our top priority and we are monitoring the situation closely, following all the latest advice from the UK Government. To protect your safety, we are taking the following actions:
- We have reviewed and increased the cleaning regime, and cleaning staff, on the unit.
- We have reviewed and enhanced our cleaning products
- We have situated hand sanitiser at key locations around the unit
- In addition to the existing training on our Employee Health policies, we are providing on-going training and support for all staff in line with the advice from Public Health England
- Management are meeting regularly to discuss the changing situation
- Kitchen staff are following PHE best practices for food preparation
What we ask of clients and visitors to the unit:
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently for at least 20 seconds
- If you don’t have access to soap and water, use hand sanitiser
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
At this time, we do not expect our service to be affected or curtailed because of the outbreak, and current guidelines suggest that most people can continue as normal. We do, however, have a robust continuity plan and are constantly monitoring the situation and if this changes we will provide on-going updates.